Thursday, July 14, 2011

All about cards

Hi everyone, Andrea MacDonald here with you today to talk about cards. Who here is a card maker? Did you notice I didn't raise my hand? Lets face it. I am NOT a card maker. I try really hard but for some reason it just never seems to come together for me. So this week I challenged myself to make a few cards using the fabulous Urban Lily products.
I find it always useful to have a few spare cards on hand for whatever might pop up. Next week is my husband and I's 6th wedding anniversary. So I figured I should tackle that card first.
Supplies Used:
Urban Lily MayElla- Impish, Petite
Urban Lily Photo Cards- Posh, Luna
Studio Calico Stamps
EK Success Punch
Studio Paint

This next card was inspired by a layout I created last year. You can see the layout HERE. Ironically that layout was inspired by a card I saw but now I can't remember where I saw it : (
Supplies Used:
Urban Lily Everyday Lily- Sushi Stripe
Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Walnut stain
Studio Calico Stamp
Studio Paint
Kaiser Craft Pearls

Lastly I thought a cute little lift me up card would be great to pass on to someone. This one was super fast and easy. All I used was leftover paper from my last layout and some circle punches.
Supplies Used:
Urban Lily May Ella- Petite, Sassy
Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Black Soot
Marvy Punches- 2" and 1/2"
Studio Calico Stamp

I hope you enjoyed my little post today. I think I'm going to keep working on my card making skills. I am curious though... Are you a card maker?

Andrea MacDonald

5 comments:

  1. Oh I know all about not being a card-maker and struggling. Nevertheless I think you did very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how a little canvas can scare us scrappers but you made some cute cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are AWESOME Andrea!! I just loveeeeeeee them! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cards Andrea!!! well done!

    ReplyDelete