Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Urban Lily and Paints for play

Hello Everyone it's Gayle I am back with More Urban Lily goodness. I am happy to report that my first project Favorite Seven Girls was picked up by a magazine for publication this summer. I have shipped it to the publisher and will let you know the date for publication as soon as I know.

 The Urban Lily papers and product collections send my brain in to a totally different, fun creative mode. I love thinking up new ideas to use with these beautiful papers. I am really on a paint kick right now and my latest work is no exception. I think I use some form of paint on almost every project that I work on.


For this page I cut out portions of  a second page and attached it  with foam dots to add dimension to the page. I also spritzed the page with Shimmerz  Paints from the Vibez which gave the clear, clean crisp look of the collection a colorful pop. I tucked one for the booklet pages under the photo on the right  to allow for personalized journaling.




On this page I actually painted in some of the swirls on the top and bottom of the page and then spritzed paint around the edges to great a glowing effect on the page. The graphic elements on the paper  help to give the page a creative edge, while the paint and swirls lend softness to the overall design. I love the contrast of the two. I decided to keep this page  a monochromatic color scheme and focus on the photo.

I hope this gives you some quick and easy ways to personalize your pages and motivates you to play with the Urban Lily collections.

Check back with  us often for more inspiration and creative ideas from our diverse team of designers.

You can find all of the Urban Lily product here.  http://www.scrap-tastic.com/pages/shopping.cfm?manuid=45

1 comment: