Thursday, February 25, 2010

Spring Fever...by Virginia

I just came back from a glorious week in Florida and now I have Spring Fever big time! Now I know there will be snow here at least another 2 months...so I decided to scrap something springy. Check out these gorgeous Urban Lily papers - Massimo and Apple. Don't these papers make you feel like Spring is just around the corner?

Here is my layout -


I cut a circle inside the Massimo paper leaving about 1 cm behind. Then I punched circles from white cardstock to create the scalloped edge. I also hand cut around the flowers of the Apple paper to create the backgroun.

Here is a close-up of the tissue paper flowers that I made from "fluffed up" circles of tissue and a liberal application of two colours of Tattered Angels glimmer mist. Other supplies include Doodlebug alphas, Hero Arts stamped butterflies, Copics, tissue paper, brad, Zva Crystals.


For my second project, I wanted to challenge myself to make something that would be 15 minutes or less. (In truth, my husband challenged me to make something in 15 minutes of less!) Not one to back down from a challenge, I whipped up this fun ATC that my youngest daughter is using as a bookmark.


The bird is a paper pieced image from Pink Paislee using scraps of Urban Lily - I savour every single bit of goodness. The background is sprayed with Tattered Angels glimmer mist and the sentiment is computer generated.

Thanks for letting me share my projects!
-Virginia
http://www.virginiawongmichiels.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment